Last updated on July 23rd, 2017 at 10:50 pm
The appearance of the acne is very intimidating and very daunting indeed. It not only disturbs your look, but it also causes an effect on your self-esteem. It also causes the lack of the confidence along with the increase in the daily problems.
It happens a lot during the ambulation time and most importantly, in the case of acne, you are not sure that whether the specific part of the body can be washed or soaped. People are worried about the use of these things as it can either increase or reduce the acne. People with the acne think twice about the use of the loofah or the harsh sponge in order to clear the body from bacteria or dirt because it can actually cause the irritation or worsening of the acne of the body. We are aware with the fact that this acne makes you curious all the time that whether you should or you should not wash your face regularly or cleanse it with the acne prone skin.
Have a look at the list of the best face wash for the skin that is prone to acne as these products will help in the reduction of the acne along with the other different types of breakouts to the big extent. We hope that this information will be proved much useful to you.
Top 13 Acne Face Washes and Cleansers for 2017:
|Face Wash - Cleanser name||Best For||Active Ingredient|
|Basic Cleaner Clean||Normal Skin||None (Natural)||Check Price|
|Olay Foaming Face Wash||Sensitive Skin||None||Check Price|
|Bronner’s Castile Liquid Soap||All Skin Types||Peppermint Essential Oil||Check Price|
|Clean and Clear Continuous Control||All Skin Types||Benzoyl Peroxide||Check Price|
|Bella Yasa Daily Purifying Cleanser||All Skin Types||Salicylic Acid||Check Price|
|Murad Clarifying Cleanser||Acne Blemishes||Silver Citrate||Check Price|
|Oxy Maximum Action||All Skin Types||Benzoyl Peroxide||Check Price|
|Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action||Acne Prone Skin||Salicylic Acid||Check Price|
|Spectro Jel Cleanser||Blemish Prone Skin||None||Check Price|
|Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser||Oily Skin||Salicylic Acid||Check Price|
|Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser||Acne Prone Skin||Rosemary Leaf Extract||Check Price|
|Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash||Oily Skin||Salicylic Acid and Non-Comedogenic||Check Price|
|Aveeno Clear Foaming Cleanser||Oily Skin||None||Check Price|
These Acne face washes are best for Oily, Dry and Sensitive skins:
1: Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash:
The basis cleaner face wash can actually replace all the expensive and complex regimens for the skin care that are completely useless. This simple face wash is actually composed of the gentle botanicals which help in the cleansing and clarification of the skin and offers a very glowing and smooth outlook. Because of the unique scientific and natural formulation of this basis cleaner clean face wash, it is recommended by most of the dermatologists to get rid of the mild or moderate acne.
This basis cleaner clean face wash is best for the normal to the oily skin.
The active ingredients are none within this face wash. It uses both the natural and chemical ingredients in it such as the Lavender, Aloe Vera, Rosemary, Spearmint and Lemongrass extracts that help in the clearing of the skin.
Why We Liked:
- It has the ability to effectively cope up with the mild acne
- It doesn’t cause the irritation or burning of the sensitive skin
- It removes the dirt and it makes up very nicely and smoothly
- It leaves the skin completely glowing and clean
Why We Disliked:
- It can dry your skin and this is how, it’s use is limited.
- It also leaves the slippery sensation on the skin as you feel after applying Dove Soap and it is usually not liked by most of the people.
- It can remove the makeup, but needs a little more effort.
- It is not made for the sensitive skins.
How to use basis cleaner clean face wash?
- Simply squeeze the basic cleaner clean on your handpalm in only small amount just like the pea size.
- Now, work to make it the foam
- Now, massage it on the face smoothly
- Now wash your face with the lukewarm water
If you feel any dryness on your skin, then you can apply a very gentle moisturizer to your skin full of acne.
2: Olay Foaming Face Wash: Good for Sensitive Skin:
If you are looking for the best face wash within the market that not only treats the acne but also the sensitive skin then here you have got the one. It not only has the components to fight with the acne but it also helps in keeping the skin clear and clean. It also removes the bacteria along with the dirt from the skin as it actually resembles the Cetaphil Cleanser in the smoothness.
These face washes are best for the sensitive, oily and the combination of skins, but it can also be used for other different types of skins as well.
There is no active ingredient in Olay Foaming Face Wash.
What We Liked:
- If you are the oily or the sensitive skinned acne sufferers, then this face wash is the best to be used.
- It is completely and 100% free of oil as well as soap and it do not leave the excessive dryness on the skin.
- It doesn’t cause the irritation.
- It removes all the makeup just like the charm. It wants to remove the eyeliner and it also removes the eye mascara too.
What We Disliked:
- It is the chemical based product by the large so that you have to check that whether you are allergic to all the ingredients.
- It is sometimes difficult to wash off as compared to the ordinary bar of soap.
- The pea size of the face wash is not effectively worked in the form of lather. You need to have to add more on the hand.
- It also has a little odor that is not much appealing to everybody, but it is not that much heavy perfumed.
How to apply Olay Foaming Face Wash?
- Simply wet the face.
- Take some amount more than the pea sized Olay Foaming Face Wash Sensitive Skin in the hand.
- Rub it gently with the little amount of water and massage it gently on the face.
- Now, wash it with the lukewarm water.
3: Bronner’s Castile Liquid Soap:
The best cleanser for the sufferers of the acne that has got very rare negative reviews. This peppermint present within this product is coupled with the various different therapeutic properties that tingles the body and also clear the mind. Therefore, this cleanser helps in not clearing the acne but it also helps in the soothing of the mind with the reduction in the stress.
It is best for every type of skin and particularly the sensitive skins.
The major active ingredients present within this cleanser is the peppermint essential oil that is made up of the most natural ingredients. It also consists of the organic coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and hemp oil.
What We Liked:
- It kills the acne and thus, it shrinks the blackheads.
- Not like the other types of acne cleansers, this Dr. Bronner’s Castile Liquid soap possesses the fighting abilities to cope up with the most serious form of acne.
- It helps in the removal of makeup as well.
- It possesses the natural soothe scent that you will not get in any cleanser.
- It works for every skin type, whether you are a teenager or an adult, it doesn’t matter.
What We Disliked:
- It can cause the burning of the eyes in one instant so you have to keep your eyes away from this.
- You have to use it consistently such as for months if you want noticeable results, especially when you have the body acne.
- Although, this problem is rare, but there is a possibility that your acne can get worse because of the presence of some sensitive or components within the product. If it actually happens then stop its use until it becomes right.
How to apply?
- Take at least 3 drops of the Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Soap within the hands and lather it to make foams.
- Now massage it on the face very gently.
- Wash your face with the lukewarm water.
- Use it for at least two times in a day to achieve the best results.
- Keep this soap away from the eyes
- If you get some of it in your eyes, then wash it immediately with the water in only 15 minutes time.
- If you are feeling the over dryness after the use of this face wash then you can apply the moisturizer.
Best cleansers of Acne for Sensitive Skin
4: Clean and Clear Continuous Control: Best Acne Cleanser:
- Some of the reviewers have reported that their skin has been completely cleared within only one week period.
- The ability of this cleanser to penetrate into the pores has allowed the continual prevention of the breakouts.
- It is readily available in the market.
What We Disliked:
- It can cause irritation to some of the sensitive types of skin.
- Its fragrance can sometimes displease the buyers as they have reported that it is highly strong.
- Some of the buyers have reported that this product has produced the bleaching effect on the fabrics and towels.
Similar to the different products present within the list, this Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne cleanser can fight and prevent the breakout. It is patented pore penetrating ability that helps in the continuous prevention of the breakouts in this entire day.
This product uses the compound Benzoyl Peroxide which is the best acne fighter and it is suitable for every type of skin to cope up with the bacteria by killing it continuously and keep the fighting. Even the severe cysts and blemishes can not compare this face wash with any other cleanser.
Along with its quick effectiveness, this component can also cause the serious mess since the time when its bleaching effect on the clothes is reported. It can also bleach the hair.
This product is cheap relatively and with the amazing benefits I can assure you that you will get much more than the entire money’s worth that you have. It actually makes foam very well without causing the excessive dryness of the skin.
How to Apply?
- Simply wet the face.
- Massage the Clean And Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser on your face very gently for the period of at least 20 to 30 seconds.
- Now wash your face with the lukewarm water and allow it to dry.
5: Bella Yasa Daily Purifying Cleanser: Best for Acne:
It is one of the most powerful cleanser that has been designed especially to match with the acne affected skins. It has been composed of the best scientific and natural anti-acne ingredients such as the extract of papaya along with the salicylic acid that can remove all the dead skin cells as well as it promotes the rejuvenation of the skin.
It is best for all types of skins, including the sensitive as well as dry skins.
There is no active ingredient present within this cleanser, but it contains the lemon as well as papaya extract, salicylic acid, vitamin C and much more.
What We Liked:
- It leaves the skin with very smooth and soft texture.
- It can also help you with the removal of the makeup with the stripping of the natural oil of the skin.
- It’s one bottle can be used as long as you only need the small amount of the cleanser to cleanse.
- The citric acid present in the orange extract helps in the improvement of the skin tone and it also cause the lightening of the skin discoloration.
- The salicylic acid in the cleanser penetrates deep within the skin and helps in the removal of dirt and it also fights with the bacteria that is causing acne.
- It has unique science plus nature’s formula which has been highly succeeded in fighting with the acne.
What We Disliked:
- You can not use it as the stand alone treatment for the acne.
- Although this problem can occur very rarely, but it can cause the irritation as well the dryness of the skin.
- It is not meant for the people who are sensitive to the citric acid and salicylic acid.
How to Apply?
- Start the cleansing of the skin only once in a day if you are very new to the salicylic acid.
- Simply apply the small amount of the cleanser.
- Massage it very gently and then wash your face off with the lukewarm water.
- Try to avoid the contact with the eyes.
The dryness is a very certain thing when you are going to apply this cleanser on your skin. So, if it happens then you can use it very less or you can follow up the moisturizer.
6: Murad Clarifying Cleanser: Best for Acne Blemishes:
What We Liked:
- It helps in the prevention of the breakouts throughout the entire day.
- It can calm and cool the irritated skin.
- It is one of the most easily available as well as affordable Murad products.
What We Disliked:
- It can cause the dryness in the long term usage.
- It causes the irritation to the combinations and it is useful for all the sensitive types of the skin.
- It can be so much powerful in the mild pimples cases.
It can prevent and clear the skin breakouts and blemishes. It effectively treats and prevents the skin breaks out and acne. The major key ingredients within the product is the silver citrate. This name is intimidating, but you have to trust me that this is one of the most helpful ingredients in the case of the pimples.
This silver citrate is one of the most potent antibacterial agent that can help in the alleviation of up to 99.9% of the irritating bacteria that is causing the breakouts of the skin. What it actually causes is that it break downs the cell membrane of bacteria and denatures the enzymes. This cleanser also contains the extract of the green tea, which possess the potent antioxidant effects.
The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is encapsulated with the salicylic acid that delivers all the medical treatment to fight with the breakouts of the acne and it helps in the healing of the acne in the entire day. Despite this amazing property, you will love the product because it is free of the harmful ingredients such as phthalates, sulfates and parabens. This product has not been tested on the animals and give the thumbs up to all the dermatologists.
For the blemishes, it has been tested to reduce the hyperpigmentation within just 4 weeks. The Murad claimed that the total 90% of the users have said they experienced this benefit.
7: Oxy Maximum Action Advanced Face Wash:
This product with the flagship introduced by the Oxy has been formulated especially in order to soothe the irritation and it also rejuvenates the skin. The 10% of the benzoyl peroxide which is present within it as the active ingredient helps in the effective killing of the P. acnes which are the bacteria that can cause the acne and thus, make it one of the most prominent anti acne face wash.
It is best for every type of skin except the most sensitive ones or to the people who are highly sensitive to the benzoyl peroxide.
The major active ingredient present within this face wash is the benzoyl peroxide.
- This face wash is actually formulated to prevent the acne and to fight with it, therefore, it is one of the best choices for the sufferers of the acne.
- It is amazingly affordable.
- It can effectively dry out all the inflamed pimples and thus it helps in their fading away.
- It works for every age that is, whether you are 12 years old or 30 years of adult, it works best.
- Try to use it very patiently for the period of only two weeks and you will get the worthy results.
- It can cause the excessive dryness of the skin when you have started using it, but this problem can be controlled by simply limiting the application or by using the only small amounts.
- If it is exposed to the fabrics or hair, then it can cause the bleaching effect.
- It can cause the increased sensitivity of the skin to the skin. Therefore, you have to avoid the unnecessary exposure to the skin, but this is impossible sometimes so you can take the help of some good quality sunscreen whenever you are trying to go out.
How to apply Oxy Acne Medication Face Wash?
You can start the process by using only the small concentration of this face wash and by limiting its use to only once in a day. After some time, you can increase the application as well as concentration which will give you the best results. You can follow these simple steps if you really want to use the Oxy Maximum Action Face Wash.
- Simply take the small amount of this face wash in the palm.
- Work on it to make a foam and massage it gently on the wet face.
- Now rinse it thoroughly and then pat dry.
- You can also apply the moisturizer if you are feeling the excessive dryness of the skin.
- You can keep it off your lips because it can also cause the lip dryness.
If you are going outside the place after the use of this face wash then make sure you have applied the acne sunscreen on your skin.
8: Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Gel Wash: Best for Acne Prone Skin:
What We Liked:
- It has been tested by the dermatologists.
- It offers very fast results.
- It is completely free of oil.
- This is highly effective against the whiteheads and the blackheads along with any other blemishes that are mild in nature.
- The presence of salicylic acid within this gel wash can penetrate into the skin and it removes all the dirt from the pores along with the bacteria and oil.
- It is also one of the most effective and suitable face wash for the sufferers of eczema.
What We Disliked:
- It is not meant for the people that have drier skin.
- It is not the quick solution as you are thinking, but it needs long term use usage for the clearance of the skin from the blemishes.
- It is usually not recommended when you are sensitive or allergic towards any of the ingredients or particularly, the salicylic acid.
It is best for the oily as well as the sensitive skin.
The major active ingredient present within this face wash is the salicylic acid that is 2%.
Visibly Clearer Skin:
If you are fighting with the acne then faster is much better. The Clearsil Ultra Rapid Action Daily Gel Wash is actually tested by the dermatologists and it provides clearer skin in only 12 hours. It has been composed of the maximum strengths of the acne medications and it starts the work with instant action by simply opening the blocked pores so you will be able to get clearer skin very fast.
This face wash has been formulated with the salicylic acid 2% only acne medication that helps in the fight with the breakouts, this gel wash also removes all the oil that has clogged the pores along with the bacteria and the dirt from the skin. The dermatologist tested cleanser can keep the working action throughout the entire day.
Fight Acne Fast
When you are going to fight with the acne, then the action will be extremely fast. This Clearsil Ultra product has been formulated scientifically with the active ingredients that are of maximum strength that helps in the treatment of the acne. If you are looking for the face scrub, face wash, treatment of acne, acne kits or acne pads, then this one product Clearsil dermatologically tested has covered all the things. With this science of the Clearsil, you will get the clear and fast skin within only 12 hours.
How to apply?
There is nothing more fancy in its application. Take only a small amount of the face wash within your palms. Work on it till the foams are produced. Now, massage it on the wet face and wash it when you are done with the massage.
9: Spectro Jel Cleanser: Best for Blemish Prone Skin:
This best cleanser product belongs to the most reputable company of Canada that is, Spectro. This is the
dermatologically tested cleanser that has been formulated specially for the acne prone skin. This will not only clear the skin from the excessive oil without causing any dryness, but it will also maintain the balance in the pH of the skin and thus, it leaves the skin with the smooth and soft sensation.
It is best for every type of skin, including the sensitive and dry skin.
There is no active ingredient present in it as well as it is completely free from the irritating and harsh chemicals such as lanolin, sodium, parabens, sulfates and dyes.
What We Liked:
- It can clear the skin of all the blemishes in the faster way as compared to all of its counterparts.
- It can cause the softening of the skin as it is cleansed.
- It doesn’t cause irritation of the sensitive skins.
- It works best for all the teens.
- It does not make the skin greasy and it fights well against the whiteheads and blackheads.
- If it doesn’t clear the acne, it will work completely to keep your acne prone skin completely free of excessive oil and make it smooth.
What We Disliked:
- It doesn’t work well if you want to remove your makeup, but with small effort, you can remove it. You have to wipe the makeup with the cloth or you can rub the mascara very gently.
- This cleanser is not lathered very nicely and not even with the small amount of water.
- It works best when you use this face wash under the warm shower as it helps in the opening of the pores and it will be able to penetrate very well.
- The smell of this cleanser is not very liked by most of the users.
How to apply?
- Take only 3 full pumps within your hand- make sure that it is an adequate amount for the one time of wash only.
- Now massage this Spectro Jel Cleanser on the skin for nearly one minute and wash it with the lukewarm water. The best way you are going to wash, the best action you will get.
- Though, this face wash does not cause the over dryness, but you can also apply the moisturizer on the skin if you are feeling the dryness.
- If you are using any other product already then your skin will need some time to get settled on this face wash. So, if it is not irritating you then give this cleanser some time to show its action.
- This gel has some weird feeling at the start because it is much different than the daily cleansers, but you will work with it better once you use it.
- This cleanser is very gentle in its action, so if you feel harshness on the skin, then the last option can be the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.
Best Acne Cleansers for Oily Skin:
10: Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser, Best for Oily Skin:
This face wash is best for the oily skin, but you have to be highly careful if you have dry or sensitive skin.
The active ingredient within this face wash is the salicylic acid.
What We Liked:
- It is truly the best choice of the face wash for the oily skin.
- It prevents the gathering of the oil on the face the entire day.
- It helps in the dryness of the existing pimples and that is why it also prevents the breakouts of the future.
- If the pores on your skin are clogged on the frequent basis, then this face wash has the ability to put the dead end on these pores.
- It can cause a lot of dryness to the people who have the drier skin. You can simply apply moisturizer in order to prevent this dryness.
- You must be certain that your skin is not sensitive neither allergic to the salicylic acid. Otherwise, the end result will be the worsening of the acne.
How to apply?
The salicylic acid presence within the face wash can produce excessive irritation and dryness of skin. Therefore, this is most recommended that you must take the start from only a small amount. In the beginning, you can use it for only one time in a day. After some time, you can increase this to the twice and sometimes to the thrice level in a day if you want to do this.
- Simply wet the face and hands.
- Add a small amount of this face wash on your hands and massage it properly on the skin within the circular motions.
- After some time, wash your face thoroughly.
- Try to avoid the contact with the T area.
It is very good to use the sunscreen along with this cleanser because it will help in the protection of the damage caused by the sun through the entire day.
11: Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser:
- It can improve the complexion and it has the age defying effect.
- It helps in the healing of the acne and thus it prevents the future breakouts
- You only need a small amount of this face wash to get the full effect.
- Some of the reviewers experience the over drying and the irritation.
- Some of the reviewers experience the greater breakouts in the initial time.
- Tightening effect that is caused by the presence of the rose leaf extract is very uncomfortable for most of the users.
The Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser that combines the natural ingredient in order to fight with the breakouts and cleanse whereas, they also help in the improvement of the elasticity of the skin. It is one of the best face wash for the mature and acne prone skin. It is the best face wash for the mature and acne prone skin because of the antioxidant ingredients.
The rosemary leaf extract, for instance, provides the age defying effect by simply the tightening of the skin and it also reduces the inflammation and redness. On the other hand, the willow bark extract provides the purification of the pores and thus, it stops the breakout.
This product is completely free from the irritating components as well as preservatives such as the ethanol alcohol. It is very smooth in its action, such that you can use it even if you have the sensitive skin.
Moreover, it is well scented so you don’t have to worry about the bad smell just like the other cleaners.
The pumping bottle of the cleanser comes up with the easy dispensing but as it has no preservatives, you may notice that this product is very less effective within large time.
12: Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash: Best for Oily Skin:
- It fights with the blemishes and thus prevents the breakouts in the future
- It is highly affordable
- It prevents the mild acne blemishes such as whiteheads and blackheads and, thereby, it will prevent any breakout in the future
- It reduces the dead skin and grime
- It is specially designed for the skin that is prone to acne.
- Most of the users have found that the product causes dryness as well as harshness
- It is also very strong for the mild breakouts
- Some people are not well pleased with this product’s scent
The Neutrogena has been considered as the leader in the products that are helpful in the acne fighting and this is one of the best cleanser among the row. This Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash can gently and very effectively fights with the blemishes along with the breakouts in the future.
The special thanks should be given to the salicylic acid along with the noncomedogenic as well as oil free ingredients. This combination helps the product to soothe skin completely without any feel of heaviness or leaving of the residues.
This face wash is actually formulated for the prevention of the pimples. One simple way to do is that it unclogs your pores.
When you have a lot of dirt and the residues of makeup within the pores, it creates the anti-inflammatory action along with the pain, redness and swelling which is followed.
After the unclog of the pores, the Microclear technology within the face wash delivers the salicylic acid in your skin that helps in the clearing of the blackheads and it stops the future zits from its formation. Most of the users have reported that these cleansers help in reducing the complexion as it removes all the harmful and dead cells of skin.
How to apply?
- At the start, you must use it for only once in a day. After the used to with the skin, you can use this cleanser for two times daily in order to get the best result.
- Massage the Neutrogena Acne Wash very gently on the skin. Wash the face thoroughly after the application of the cleanser.
- You might feel the dryness as it is most likely to occur with this cleanser so that you have to apply the best quality of the moisturizer.
- The soy ingredients are formulated in order to prevent the dryness
- It also helps in the removal of the makeup
- It clears the skin while it also soothes the irritation
- The fragrance of this cleanser is very unpleasant
- Some of the people have noticed the very little difference in the breakouts after the use of the product
- Some people have found it much suitable for the mild breakouts
The acne is very daunting as it disturbs the look of the most of the people. It disturbs a lot of people and that is why, there is an immediate need to find the cure for the acne prone skin. Although, there is the large number of products available in the market that claims for the removal of the acne permanently, but you will not find any of them effective. This is because of the false claims and that is why, the above mentioned list contains the best of all the products that are present in the market.
The major benefit of all of these products is that they can be applied on all the types of skin and that is why they produce highly effective results. Moreover, these products offer the removal of acne from the skin instantly. You can easily remove the makeup with the help of these washes too. They all clear the skin without causing any irritation. But some of the products have unpleasant fragrance and they can cause the dryness too. Therefore, it is better to use the moisturizer after the application of the face wash.